5 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Caterer
The search for the right caterer can be tedious and time-consuming. Many wedding caterers now provide more than food for your big day. They can provide event decor, props, lighting, and can even help in finding a venue and recommending vendors. Remember to always schedule a tasting at a later point so you can determine whether their flavors are right for your big day. Here are 5 questions to ask your wedding caterer:
1. Does the wedding caterer specialize in a certain cuisine? Make sure that your caterer can make a memorable meal for your wedding day. If you are looking for a specific kind of dish, find out what caterers can make it best so you can narrow down your decision. Don’t forget to schedule your tastings. This is the most delicious part of the decision making process.
2. Will someone be there to oversee the event? The only things that should concern a bride and groom on their wedding day should be to have the most fun and be worry-free. Having a coordinator to oversee the food will make it run smoothly.
3. What is the average price range for their services? Don’t forget your budget. The price of food can climb quickly depending on how many guests are invited to the wedding and what kind of menu you are choosing to serve your guests. Find out how they break down their prices so it works best for you.
4. Does the caterer provide decor, linens, tables/chairs, silverware, etc.? Many wedding catering companies now provide the decor for the event as well as the food. Find out before hand so you know whether or not you need to find a vendor to rent from. If they do not have this extra service they may be able to recommend vendors to you.
5. Do they have references and photos of previous events? Talking to their previous clients can help you get a feel for what to expect on your special day. Seeing photos of events that they have worked at can show you their presentation.
Keep your budget on track when choosing the right caterer for your wedding and don’t forget to ask these questions! For help planning your perfect wedding or event, contact us!